May 28, 2021
To Our Valued Customers,
As the COVID-19 Pandemic continues, we continue to appropriately refine our business practices, implementing protective measures and invest in our digital capabilities. Our priorities are to protect our employees, our communities and our customers. As an important partner to our business, we are advising you of key measures we have in place to support safe work environments and operations, some of which are as follows:
Wherever possible, our employees will continue to work remotely and continue to support our customers, while minimizing exposure to all parties.
- There are physical distancing practices within all facilities. Non-medical masks have also been provided to all employees, and are deemed critical personal protective equipment where physical distancing is not possible or practical.
- Disposable masks are available at all our locations for visitors entering any of our facilities, and, where mandated by local by-laws will be required and enforced in all public places as per Toromont policy.
- Toromont has enhanced sanitization measures for all equipment and facilities.
- All Toromont employees accessing our facilities or customer location are to be ‘fit-for-duty’ and are completing a daily COVID-19 health assessment prior to reporting for work. This same health assessment is required of all visitors entering a Toromont location.
- We preclude ‘At risk’ individuals from entering the facility and provide services as required using alternative procedures. For example, we are providing curbside pickup and delivery service to minimize exposures.
- In recognition of our value of ‘safety first’, we had implemented travel and meeting restrictions for all employees long before mandated restrictions came into play. Toromont continues to suspend all non-essential and internal travel. The only form of permitted travel is in support of customer requirements under strict guidelines including clear travel protocols.
- We will ensure our sales and field personnel are familiar with any customer safety protocols prior to entering a customer location. We have implemented protocols to deal with any potential cases or those who interacted with potential cases. These individuals are not be permitted to attend any Toromont or customer location until sufficient medical clearance has been provided, often after a period of self-isolation.
- Extensive tracing and sanitization measures also follow all potential exposures.
- We continue to enhance the first line of defense through prevention by reinforcing and educating around the effectiveness of proper hand hygiene while also increasing handsanitizing stations within branches/operations.
- Our return to work protocols have continued to evolve in alignment with public health guidelines.
- We ask all our customers and visitors to respect local by-laws relating to mandatory face coverings in public places such that together, we can continue to minimize risk.
If you have any questions or points of concern, please reach out to any one of your contacts, who can direct and coordinate the appropriate response.
Thank you in advance for your support and consideration at this time.
President & CEO
Toromont Industries Ltd
COVID-19 Update: We’re here for you
These are unprecedented times. Over the past weeks, all of us have been affected by the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. We want you to know that we are monitoring this crisis daily and, as always, prioritize the safety and wellbeing of our employees, your people and facilities, and our collective communities.
Proudly continuing to serve your business. Whether they are instrumental in supply chains, providing food or healthcare, manufacturing, production or other necessities, your facilities are critical during this time of need. They may be essential workplaces or a part of critical infrastructures, but if they are open and running, we are here to provide our services. CIMCO is dedicated to helping keep your facilities operating efficiently and safely and we continue to provide all of our services as usual.
As governments order the closing of all non-essential workplaces throughout North America, we know CIMCO Refrigeration qualifies as essential and we continue operate for business and to provide support and services as needed. Things may be changing daily, but our commitment to serve you remains steadfast.
Safety and responsibility first. We are here to bring you meaningful, responsible solutions during this time of need. Even as we heighten our own safety measures, we continue to provide the best care for your needs. In accordance with CDC and WHO guidelines, we are implementing best practices and executing remote work options and work flexibility for our employees. We are eliminating in-person contact as much as possible and restricting travel. These measures support the health and safety of our communities and help us to be ready to answer your calls when you need us.
To do our best to support your health and safety, please share any updated visitor requirements with us so we can abide by all necessary precautions at your facility.
As always, CIMCO is here to answer all your refrigeration, HVAC, and service needs. We thank you for choosing us as your partner and are pleased to continue serving you through these uncertain times. We will get through this together.
Dave Malinauskas, President