To Our Valued Customers,
As the COVID-19 Pandemic continues to evolve, we evolve with it; adjusting our business practices, implementing substantial protective measures and investing in our digital capabilities. These steps are designed to protect our employees, our communities and our partners, as we continue to support you and your organization with these enhanced protective measures in place. The steps we have taken center on awareness, travel, limiting group interactions, physical distancing and sanitation in order in proactively mitigate risk. As a result of these measures and the extensive diligence demonstrated by the entire team, our incidence rate has been extremely low.
- Firstly, we activated our dedicated Critical Incident Executive Response Team (ERT) to lead our response, closely monitor developments and allocate resources continue to effectively manage risk while supporting our customers. Our number one priority is to protect the health and well-being of our people, clients and community.
- In recognition of our value of ‘safety first’, we had implemented travel and meeting restrictions for all employees long before mandated restrictions came into play. All non-essential and internal travel continues to be suspended as well as any business trips outside of an employee’s individual service area. All non-essential and internal meetings have also been cancelled, postponed or reconstituted as virtual meetings. The only form of permitted travel is in support of customer requirements and even then, under strict guidelines.Where travel is absolutely required, in very limited cases, clear travel protocols have been identified in order to minimize interactions and exposure, seeking to ensure the safety ofour employees, our customers and our communities,
- We have implemented extensive protocols to deal with any potential cases or those who interacted with potential cases. These individuals are not be permitted to attend any Toromont Cat or customer location until sufficient medical clearance has been provided, often after a period of self-isolation. Extensive tracing and sanitization measures also follow potential physical interaction with facilities.Our return to work protocols have continued to evolve in alignment with public health guidelines.
- All Toromont employees accessing a Toromont or customer location are expected to be ‘fit for duty’ and are completing a daily COVID-19 health assessment prior to reporting for work. This same health assessment is required of all visitors entering a Toromont location. ‘At risk’ individuals are precluded from entering the facility and serviced in an alternate manner.
- We are providing curbside pickup and delivery service to further minimize exposures.
- We continue to enhance the first line of defense through prevention by reinforcing and educating around the effectiveness of proper hand hygiene while also increasing hand-sanitizing stations within branches/operations.
- Enhanced sanitization measures are implemented for equipment and facilities to ensure the safety of our operations and those of our customers and partners.
- Wherever possible, our employees will continue to work remotely and continue to support our customers, while minimizing exposure to all parties.
- Additional measures have been taken within our locations to ensure physical distancing – the critical first line of defense. Physical distancing practices have also been reinforced with all our employees when interacting with colleagues and customers. Where physical distancing is not possible or practical, non-medical masks have also been provided to all employees, and are deemed critical personal protective equipment.
- Disposable masks are available at all our locations for visitors entering any of our facilities, and, where mandated by local by-laws will be required and enforced in all public places as per Toromont policy.
- We ask all our customers and visitors to also respect local by-laws relating to mandatory face coverings in public places such that together, we can continue to minimize risk.
- We will ensure we are familiar with any customer safety protocols prior to entering a customer location, and both our sales and field personnel have been provided with additional safety personal protective equipment to ensure to mitigate any potential risks.
- We are working with our OEMs to monitor our supply chain in order to mitigate any potential disruption to our customers and partners.
As an important partner to our business, we are advising you of the measures we have put in place thus far to ensure the safety of our people, our facilities and to ensure that our customers, suppliers and the public are not compromised.
We ask that you review the measures specified and help us to protect the safety of our collective workplaces. If you have any questions or points of concern, please reach out to any one of your Toromont Cat contacts, who can direct and coordinate the appropriate response.
We continue to monitor developments and react as appropriate in the best interest of all of our key stakeholders. Thank you in advance for your support and consideration at this time.
CEO, Toromont Industries
COVID-19 Update: We’re here for you
These are unprecedented times. Over the past weeks, all of us have been affected by the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. We want you to know that we are monitoring this crisis daily and, as always, prioritize the safety and wellbeing of our employees, your people and facilities, and our collective communities.
Proudly continuing to serve your business. Whether they are instrumental in supply chains, providing food or healthcare, manufacturing, production or other necessities, your facilities are critical during this time of need. They may be essential workplaces or a part of critical infrastructures, but if they are open and running, we are here to provide our services. CIMCO is dedicated to helping keep your facilities operating efficiently and safely and we continue to provide all of our services as usual.
As governments order the closing of all non-essential workplaces throughout North America, we know CIMCO Refrigeration qualifies as essential and we continue operate for business and to provide support and services as needed. Things may be changing daily, but our commitment to serve you remains steadfast.
Safety and responsibility first. We are here to bring you meaningful, responsible solutions during this time of need. Even as we heighten our own safety measures, we continue to provide the best care for your needs. In accordance with CDC and WHO guidelines, we are implementing best practices and executing remote work options and work flexibility for our employees. We are eliminating in-person contact as much as possible and restricting travel. These measures support the health and safety of our communities and help us to be ready to answer your calls when you need us.
To do our best to support your health and safety, please share any updated visitor requirements with us so we can abide by all necessary precautions at your facility.
As always, CIMCO is here to answer all your refrigeration, HVAC, and service needs. We thank you for choosing us as your partner and are pleased to continue serving you through these uncertain times. We will get through this together.
Dave Malinauskas, President